Sunday, March 17, 2013

Meet the women of BREWED - Susan and Stevie

We've got five more performances of BREWED, and thought it might be about time you meet some of the fine people who've been bringing it to life. First up: Tympanic's Susan Myburgh, who plays machinery maven Roxette, and our own Stevie Chaddock Lambert, who plays lover-of-rules-and-being-picked-up Babette.

Susan Myburgh as Roxette and Elise Mayfield as Lee

What’s your name, and what on EARTH are you doing here?
Hi-o! In real life my name is Susan, but you all can call me Roxette and I'm here to stir things up and start some trouble. 

How did you find yourself to being a part of Brewed?
I think I'll blame Allison Shoemaker for this one. I recall a conversation that went something like this...
Allison: OMGOMGOMGOMG! Susan, you have to read this awesome play about sister and fighting and everything. It's so good. 
Me: Okay. I'll check it out
Allison: No really! Red it. Read. It. Now. (Allison shoves script in my face)
Me: Okay, okay. I'll read it! 

Cut to. Me falling in love with this script and counting the days, minutes and seconds until the auditions rolled around. Allison was so right. 

What about this play (if anything) excites you?
I am beyond excited to share the stage with these six women. In many rehearsals I've found myself distracted by each of their immense amounts of talent. They are all badasses in their own right and bring their badassery to the layered and complex characters that Scott has crafted. If you come to see this show for any reason, it's for them. Really. They are balls to the wall good. I'm so proud to call them my sisters. 

What about this play (if anything) scares you?
Everything. 

If your character was a professional wrestler or fighter, what would her signature move be?
Roxette is a mechanically minded and always trying to fix things up. So, without a doubt, my signature move would be the "Nut and Bolt."

In five words or less, why should people come see Brewed?
[REDACTED FOR SPOILERS AND STUFF]

Stevie Chaddock Lambert as Babette, Erin Myers as Paulette, and Dana Black as Juliette


What's your name, and what on EARTH are you doing here?
I am Stevie Chaddock Lambert, and I'm playing the role of Babette in Brewed.

How did you find yourself to being a part of Brewed?
Well, in the summer of 2011 (I believe), I saw a staged reading of Brewed at Strawdog. I was completely enthralled with it. I laughed and cried and gasped and couldn't stop talking about it for months. I thought, "This show is really something special, and I need to be a part of it." Then The Ruckus (my company) started seriously discussing the possibility of producing it with Tympanic and things started to fall into place. I auditioned for it last summer and was BEYOND thrilled when I got cast. 

What about this play (if anything) excites you?
Everything. When it comes down to it, Brewed is about relationships. How these six sisters interact with each other. How they exist with each other. How they love each other. Isn't that really the basis of all great stories?

What about this play (if anything) scares you?
Babette. She is this wonderfully complex character that Scott created, and there is so much going on inside her head. I just want to bring her to life with honesty. 

If your character was a professional wrestler or fighter, what would her signature move be?
Oh, now you know I can't tell you that! I can't give away all Babette's secrets. You'll just have to come see the show to find out...

In five words or less, why should people come see Brewed?
It's all girl Fight Club. 

No comments: