- You know when we started this theater company I never realized how much damn work goes into starting a business. Effort is really hard.
- I have been struggling over the many options for my next tattoo. I’ve though about a really large tree that went up the side of my body or maybe a recreation of a painting by Chagall. I wanted something of which I could be proud; something that really says, "You are a tattooed bad-ass." I decided on a life portrait of Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog.
- I’m at the dreaded actor hump portion of the rehearsal process right now. Anyone who has ever been in a play knows the moment I’m talking about. It’s when all of your previous choices that have been working just fine since the first reading suddenly become stale and predictable. It’s at this moment that you’re forced to find new and insightful moments so as not to bore the director or yourself. The problem is that this is a really, really good and smart script. I have this monologue that may potentially be the most beautiful piece of writing I’ve seen in a long time. This is my problem. I get lost in the perfection of the words and forget that there is a scene in which these words have weight and purpose. Sigh… I need to suck it up and kick some butt because you, yes you omniscient reader sitting in your 4 x 4 cubicle, you need to see this show and experience something other than the mundane. I will do my best to deliver. You better do your best to come.
- I just found a two-inch long hair growing out of my forearm. What the hell is that? It’s like when you turn thirty suddenly your body hair triples in length and quantity. By the time I’m forty I won’t have to wear a coat.
- Helen Keller walks into a bar. The bartender says, “What’ll ya have?” Helen Keller says, “…......”
- I think I’ve strayed from the purpose of this blog. Oh well.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Logic from Joshua Davis
My mind does not always work in what one might consider a logical way. I think I will embrace it for this post.