Monday, May 30, 2011

Alyse Kittner had this to say a while back...

i don't know if you heard the news, but i am going to Vegas - in a matter of minutes. The main reason of going is to skydiving. Yup, I am paying someone to push me out of a plane. While there, i am also jumping into the world of RISK. Financial risk, emotional risk, physical risk, and moral risk (it is Vegas after all).

how far are we willing to push ourselves out of our comfort zone and into the world of risk? I love physically risky things. let me climb to the top of anything, throw me around like a beach ball, i am also good a balancing things on my head. I don't have enough money to worry about being financially risky. I think that is one of the sad problems only rich people have to deal with. Moral risk- i am just going to let that one go.

But emotional risk? Like letting my guard down? Or, god forbid, exposing faults and fears? My heart races, chest tightens, mind races, and i have this uncontrollable giggle. If you know me, even a little, you know i don't giggle. I smirk. I belly laugh. I am not a giggler unless very uncomfortable. emotional risk makes me very uncomfortable...teeheeheehee.

As an actor working on 15 Mins, i have taken my fair share of risks. Some easy, some hard, some that are still TBD. But the character's choice of to take a risk or not...that is compelling. what is the difference between risk and stupidity? what is the difference between safe and boring? what is it that makes all the risk worthwhile?

For me and Henry it is the opportunity to experience something completely new. After I jump, I will never be the same. When Henry risks it all, nothing will be as it was. Feeling new things makes the risk worthwhile.

No comments: